I am experienced and skilled in promoting respect, compassion, caring in oneself, and in all other relationships. I received my MA as a Marriage and Family Therapist in Counseling Psychology from University of San Francisco, and have been licensed in the state of California since 1994.
T.E.A.M. model of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, I am currently certified in this method at Level 4 Trainer/Therapist.
I can help you develop skills to:
- Identify and defeat negative beliefs that prevent or limit a happy, creative and successful life.
- Reduce or eliminate depression, anxiety, and panic.
- Defeat addictions, bad habits, procrastination.
- Reduce social anxiety and learn dating skills.
- Communicate more effectively with colleagues, family, friends, lover/spouse.
- Restore balance in all aspects of your life.
I am a student of Paramhansa Yogananda, the great Indian Master of mindfulness practices, yoga and meditation who came to America in the 1920s. Following his path of Self Realization, through his great disciple, Nayaswami Kriyananda ( J. Donald Walters), I practice meditation and yoga, and teach these skills in my therapy practice where desired and appropriate.
Outside of my therapy practice, I love to hike and camp, take long walks on the beach. I do nature photography, enjoy cooking delicious vegetarian meals, and spend quality time with family and friends. I love classical music and singing is a part of my life.